Penguins!

The attention span of a hamster.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Unemployed, in Greenland!


I've made the first 3000 miles southward: Austin, TX. It's not quite Central or South America just yet, but it's a first step on a journey that'll keep me on my feet for the next 6 months. 5 days here before I'll continue on to Costa Rica for 5 weeks to brush up my Spanish, and then on to Buenos Aires, Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego,... for the next 5 months.

It's Tuesday now and for the second day I have been unemployed. Right now it still feels like I am just on a vacation to visit my friends Mat and Heather - and it seems that there is work lurking just around the corner on an upcoming Monday... but I am sure that feeling will subside soon and I'll give in to the acceptance of my new life.... as a bum.

As a matter of fact right now I am an unemployed, homeless pedestrian that is about to become an illegal alien. Now doesn't that feel nice? It's the american dream!

The next days are going to be fun! How does one pack for a six-months trip that takes one to the beach, the lush equatorial rain forest, modern city life, remote desert, rugged costal regions, and moutains and highlands - if one only is to bring a single backpack?

The answer to this is easy and can be found at every airport from Seattle to Miami: sneakers and a sweat suit. I shall try my best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home